Efficient eroding software - complete solution with powerful CAD system
DCAMCUT Solo is a powerful CAD/CAM system for the computer-aided 2- to 4-axis programming of wire EDM machines and works directly on all 2D and 3D CAD models.
In addition to integrated technology databases for all common makes of machine, the efficient solution offers extensive options for CAD data import and export. Interfaces for direct data transfer from external systems are already included as standard.
Depending on the product package, DCAMCUT Solo includes the modules:
- EDMCAD I, CAD design environment for creating single parts on sketch basis
- EDMCAD II, CAD design environment for creating single parts and assemblies
- EDMCAD III, CAD design environment for creating parts, assemblies, and drawing derivations.
For further functions, see product descriptions.
We recommend concluding a software update and maintenance contract. All updates, new versions and the support hotline will then be available to you at all times.
Minimum system requirement
- Current Intel or AMD processor with SSE2 support
- 64-bit operating system recommended
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64 Bit)
- 16 GB system memory (RAM)
- 10 GB hard disk space
- OpenGL capable graphics card (e.g. 1 GB ATI FirePro V4900 or NVIDIA Quadro 2000, 1 GB)
- USB interface or broadband Internet connection (CD on request)
We offer DCAMCUT Solo in three product packages:
We offer DCAMCUT Solo Expert with the following functional scope:
- EDMCAD III CAD design environment for creating single parts, assemblies & drawing derivations
- 2D contour - 2D contour definition on CAD sketch basis
- 2-level contour - rough surface machining via existing upper & lower contour and synchronization lines (sketches)
- 2-axis clearing - standard 2-axis clearing
- Standard simulation - standard simulation including calculation & display of the offset areas for all sections
- Solid simulation - material removal simulation for 3D visualization including demolding analysis
- Parametric - associativity of existing erosion jobs to model changes (automatic recalculation on volume, area models and sketches)
- 4-axis contour definition - 4-axis contour generation directly on volume & surface models
- Feature recognition - automatic recognition & generation of erodible contours on volume & area models incl. filter functions
- Template technology - creation and cataloging of contour, job & program templates
- NC browser - NC browser technology including graphics feedback
- Partial clearing - 2-axis partial clearing
- Clearing with islands & above target allowance - 2-axis clearing with predefined islands & above target allowance
- 4-axis clearing - 4-axis clearing, 4-axis clearing with islands & 4-axis partial clearing
- Space curve - space curve processing for 3D curves
- Approximation for reverse-engineering a sequence of line elements within a user-definable tolerance in arcs, circles & lines (optional CAD output)